BIGtheme.net http://bigtheme.net/ecommerce/opencart OpenCart Templates

7 civilians killed in Maguindanao province

Hackers deface Philippine government websites over Aquino’s failure to meet returned bodies of SAF commandos
January 31, 2015
Hundreds join peace march in Maguindanao province
January 31, 2015
Show all

7 civilians killed in Maguindanao province


 The body of Badrudin Langalan. (Photo by Kilab Multimedia)
 
COTABATO CITY – Seven people were allegedly killed and three others wounded by police forces in separate attacks in Mamasapano town in Maguindanao province, scene of deadly clashes between commandos and former rebels, human rights group Suara Bangsamoro reported Saturday.
It said among those killed was a five-year old girl who was fatally shot when Special Action Force commandos opened fire on a house in Tukanalipao village.

The body of a farmer, Badrudin Langalan, was also recovered by civilians in the village. His body was riddled with bullets and both eyes had been gouged out and hands tied behind his back, his wife Sarah told Suara Bangsamoro which investigated the killings.

But other sources said the farmer was arrested by the police on suspicion he was a spy for the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters, and that he had been killed in the crossfire when fighting erupted between commandos and MILF members.
The group said at least 5 civilians also died when commandos allegedly opened fire at a mosque in Sitio Inubog. The victims were mistaken as members of the Jemaah Islamiyah. Three others were injured in the shooting.
Suara Bangsamoro said it documented more than 1,500 villagers who forcibly fled the area due to the fighting.
The report could not be independently confirmed, but Kilab Multimedia also released a photo to the regional newspaper Mindanao Examiner showing the body of Langalan. Police have not issue any statement about the allegations. (Mindanao Examiner)

1,588 total views, 0 views today

Comments are closed.