BIGtheme.net http://bigtheme.net/ecommerce/opencart OpenCart Templates
3 people seized Southern Philippines
August 7, 2016
The Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper Aug. 8-14, 2016
August 7, 2016
Show all

ZAMBOANGA CITY – Abu Sayyaf gunmen ambushed a small group of army soldiers travelling on motorcycles and killing at least 2 in a fresh attack Sunday in Sulu province in the Muslim autonomous region, police said.

It said two other soldiers were reported injured in the ambush in the village of Bonbon in Patikul town, a known stronghold of the Abu Sayyaf in the province.

The Western Mindanao Command and the 1st Infantry Division did not issue any statement on the latest assault on the military, but the attack occurred just 2 days after President Rodrigo Duterte ordered troops to intensify their anti-terrorism campaign and operations against the Abu Sayyaf.

The identities of the victims were not immediately known, but other sources said they were all members of the army’s 32nd Infantry Battalion deployed in the province to fight the notorious jihadist group tied to the Islamic State.

No individual or group claimed responsibility for the attack, but the police said the Abu Sayyaf is actively operating in the area where 3 people had been abducted on July 6.

The trio was on board a multi-cab when gunmen flagged down the vehicles on the village of Timpook and seized Shariff Julhasan Abirin, Levi Gonzales and his wife Daniela. Gonzales is said to be a technician working for Globe Telecom. (Mindanao Examiner)

Like Us on Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Read Our News on: http://www.mindanaoexaminer.com / http://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com/
Share Our News
Digital Archives: issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper

20,401 total views, 1 views today

Deskman
Deskman
https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer