DAVAO CITY – The executive committee of the National Task Force ELCAC has reaffirmed its commitment for the continued implementation and expansion of the Barangay Development Program (BDP), among other concerns to sustain peace and inclusive development.

During the 3rd Quarter Full Council Meeting of the Joint Regional Task Force ELCAC XI on Oct. 03, Cabinet Officer for Regional Development and Security (CORDS) Secretary Leo Tereso Magno of the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA) shared the highlights of the preparatory meeting for the 8th NTF-ELCAC Executive Committee Meeting held on October 1, 2025, at Heroes Hall, Malacañang Palace, and presided over by NTF-ELCAC Vice Chairman Secretary Eduardo M. Año.
Among the major highlights included the BDP, the flagship initiative of the NTF ELCAC.
Magno said a total of ₱36.823 billion had already been allocated under the BDP from 2021 to 2025 to support 4,830 barangays, which were once under the influence of the communist terrorist group, especially its armed wing, the New People’s Army (NPA).
Additional 4,506 barangays have been programmed to benefit the BDP from 2026 to 2028, “ensuring the delivery of infrastructure, livelihood, and social development
projects in former conflict-affected areas” he said.
BDP supports the construction of farm-to-market roads, barangay roads, water systems, health stations, school buildings, and other community-based projects designed to economically develop the NPA-influenced barangays.
Emphasizing the need for sustained funding, the NTF-ELCAC Executive Committee directed the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) and the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) to secure budget allocations for 808 barangays prioritized for funding in 2026.
The Committee also called on the Department of Agriculture (DA) and the Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace, Reconciliation, and Unity (OPAPRU) to program ₱3.123 billion for 15 farm-to-market road projects, which will open 10,959 hectares of agricultural land and benefit over 11,800 farming households.
Meanwhile, Secretary Magno also shared other highlights of the preparatory discussion for the 8th NTF ELCAC Executive Meeting, among which were proposed extension of the Amnesty Program to March 13, 2028; support to the Senate Bill No. 1366, authored by Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, also known as the Terror Grooming and Radicalization Prevention Act; and the recommendation for the Department of Justice to initiate legal proceedings to formally classify the CPP-NPA-NDF as a terrorist organization.
He cited the results of the NTF ELCAC Executive Committee preparatory meeting as “representations of the decision to safeguard our communities, empower our people, and steer our nation toward lasting peace and inclusive development.”
He made it clear that the highlights of such preparatory meetings will be presented for approval during the forthcoming 8th NTF ELCAC Executive Meeting, to be presided over by President Ferdinand Marcos, Jr. (JMDA, PIA-XI)