BIGtheme.net http://bigtheme.net/ecommerce/opencart OpenCart Templates
Barangay, SK polls inurong sa 2022!
October 5, 2019
Natural gas refinery plant to rise in Sulu
October 5, 2019
Show all

TAWI-TAWI – Kidnappers have demanded ransom for the safe release of three Indonesian fishermen who were seized by masked gunmen off Sabah in Malaysia, reports said Thursday.

Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Omar Mammah has confirmed the reports and said the kidnappers were demanding ransom, but he did not say how much the gunmen were asking.

He said Filipino authorities also confirmed the ransom demand for the trio – Samiun Maniu, 27; Maharudin Lunani, 48; and Muhammas Farhan, 27, who were kidnapped near Tambisan Island off Lahad Datu town on September 23.

“I can confirm that a call has been made by the KFR group to one of the abductee’s family member,” Mamah was quoted as saying by the Borneo Post.

There was no immediate statement from the Philippine military or police about the ransom demand, but Mamah has previously said that the hostages were taken by their captors to the Filipino province of Tawi-Tawi.

No individual or group claimed responsibility for the kidnapping, but Malaysian authorities suspect the pro-ISIS Abu Sayyaf group was behind it. (Mindanao Examiner)

 

Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Read And Share Our News: Mindanao Examiner Website
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates

19,697 total views, 2 views today

Deskman
Deskman
https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer